Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Square Wheel Retrograde 43mm - MP7158-SS001
A square wheel? It sounds a crazy concept,...
Please hurry, only 1 left in stock
A square wheel? It sounds a crazy concept, especially when
you consider that it was expected to turn and interface
with another wheel located adjacent and that second wheel
was clover-shaped. However, Michel Vermot, a watchmaker
and engineer at Maurice Lacroix, invented this concept.
The teeth on the two unusually shaped wheels would have
to mesh perfectly to ensure reliable operation. Each tooth
would require a unique angle to engage faultlessly without
any loss in power transmission. Initially, the technology
to create the unusually shaped, and very com- plex, wheels
did not exist and the idea was simply recorded on paper.
LIGA, a German acronym for Lithographie Galvanoformung Abformung,
a state-of the art process, provided the solution for creating
the small unusually shaped wheels. In collaboration with
the Haute Ecole Arc, based in Le Locle, the ground-breaking
design became a reality.
43 mm in diameter stainless steel case, 14 mm thick,
Sapphire crystal screw-in case-back, Polished stainless steel bezel
Black sun-ray dial with the Maurice Lacroix logo at the 12 o'clock
Luminescent silver hands, Applied silver-tone indices, The square
wheel and clover mesh to transfer power at the 6 and 9 o'clock
positions and is also used to indicate the seconds, Power reserve
display at the 3 o'clock position, Scratch resistant domed sapphire
crystal with anti-reflective coatings on both sides, Swiss manual
wind mechanical movement, Caliber ML 156, Power reserve of 45 hours,
Water resistant to 5 ATM/50 meters/165 feet, Black crocodile leather
strap, Push button deployment buckle
• Orders will be processed and shipped in 24-48 hours within USA.
• Orders will be shipped only to billing street address, no PO Box, APO or FPO address.
• You will receive Tracking number as soon as the order is processed.
• All shipments are insured and require Adult Signature.
• Please make sure someone is at the address to sign and accept the package when delivered.
• No international shipping.
• For returns contact us within 15 days for authorization.
• All watches must be returned in original condition, complete original packaging including manual and warranty card.